I’m super excited to share this DIY with you all! I finally figured out how to put my handwriting on ANYTHING I want, which many of you heard me announce on Instagram! Also, I love a cute flower vase because it just adds to the beautiful blooms. If your handwriting isn’t as neat as you’d like it to be, I also linked the PNG I made in Photoshop that you can upload right to Design Space. I’m trying to make this easy for y’all!
Okay, so FIRST! How did I get my handwriting on here?
- Go here and you will have all your questions answered. I actually scanned mine straight from my phone with a free scan app!
- Once uploaded to Photoshop, use the Paint Bucket tool to fill in any white spots on the font. Since I wrote the quote with marker, there were some spots that needed to be filled in a little bit with black.
- Save your image as a PNG and upload it to Design Space!
- You can also make your background transparent right in Design Space but I wanted to touch up the black handwriting so I just did it all in Photoshop.
If you’re not using your handwriting and just want my template then follow the steps below:
DIY Flower Vase
- Upload PNG to Design Space.
- Save as Cut File
- Resize to fit your vase.
- Cut on to vinyl.
- Weed vinyl and apply transfer tape (First, Second, and Third Picture Below).
- Apply to vase (Fourth Picture Below)!
It was a little tricky to get the vinyl on to a round object but just be patient! I recommend starting with the top and sticking it down a little at a time so that it forms to the curve. If I realize there’s a piece of vinyl sticking up after I remove the transfer tape I’ll grab my weeding tool, pick up the vinyl with the fine tip, and then lay it flat again with my finger. You just have to be careful and very patient!
Let me know below if you have any questions, comments, or concerns! You can find some of my other Cricut Creations here and here. Also, be sure to hashtag #sprinkledpink on your creations because I would LOVE to see them. Happy crafting!