Okay, so I’ve been meaning to do a post for all of you to get to know about me a little better and now seems like the perfect time! My blog just turned one year old this October (crazy, I know) and I love to go back and look at some of my projects from when I first started compared to now. It’s amazing how you find your niche and brand as you go along. I had a vision just like anyone else when I first started but sometimes you can’t really grasp your exact idea until you jump in and just start doing it! And let me tell you, there was a learning curve, as with anything new. So, I hope you all enjoy these 23 random facts about me (the girl behind the blog) and can hopefully relate to some of them! I chose 23 because today is my 23rd birthday!
- My lucky number is 8! For some reason I find even numbers more pleasing than odd numbers. Maybe it’s because odd numbers are odd?
- I’m left-handed. I do everything lefty and I swear it requires more of a learning curve when doing certain crafts. Tutorials usually show things right-handed so I have to adapt for doing it as a lefty!
- I have a perfect time clock inside of me. I don’t use any sort of alarms to wake up. I just tell myself at night what time to wake up in the morning. If someone asks me what time it is I can usually tell without looking.
- I’m a total morning person. Within ten minutes of waking up I can be talking a mile a minute or running 5 miles.
- I love the color pink (if it isn’t obvious by now) but for some reason it annoys me when people constantly bring it up. Probably because I have to hear the same thing over and over. If you look at my Instagram you’ll see what I mean.
- I laugh…a lot. I strongly believe laughing can make you happier in an instant.
- I have never had a shoe obsession until about a year ago and now for some reason my closet can’t even fit all my shoes anymore.
- My birthday is October 11th (the day this post came out) and I’m a Libra! I know a lot of people think horoscopes are crazy but I think it matches up to my personality. Either way it’s an easy excuse to use. “Oh yea, I”m super indecisive, it’s because I’m a Libra.”
- I went to Endicott College and received my bachelor’s degree in hospitality management and loved every second of it. I met some of the best friends that will last a lifetime.
- Blogging is a complete side job. I actually work at an Inn in my little town of Old Saybrook, CT as the Sales Coordinator. I get to work with weddings and social events.
- My goal is to move to Charleston, SC by the beginning of 2018 to further my career in events! It’ll be a complete change for me but hopefully I will love it!
- I can pretty much get along with most people as long as they’re willing to get along with me!
- I love margaritas. Just plain on the rocks with salt.
- I don’t think I will ever be able to live away from the beach.
- I have been playing the piano since I was 8 and even minored in music at college.
- Crafting is a stress reliever and it’s why I decided to make a blog out of it. I would make so many random things and had nothing to do with them so I decided I should share them with all of you!
- I would love to have my own business someday.
- I love cacti. I’m wearing cacti pj’s as I write this. Here’s the post where you can see my cactus pumpkin and where to buy the pj’s!
- I will have a dachshund (wiener dog) some day and it will be a hotdog for Halloween and I will be the ketchup.
- I love surprising people. I find it so exciting to do something unexpected for someone even if it’s small.
- I need to be super careful because I can and will eat a whole pint of ice cream in one sitting.
- I’m terrified of getting older so I’ve actually been avoiding my birthday today.
- I have a sister who is 5 years younger than me who has the creative gene as well. She makes amazing drawings of fantasy creatures. It’s completely different from what I do but absolutely amazing.
You can find out how to make these delicious pink apples I’m holding here. They’re so yummy and look pretty for pictures!
I hope you all enjoyed my 23 random facts about me! As a craft and baking blog I understand sometimes it’s hard for you to know who I am because I’m not front and center on my blog (like lifestyle bloggers are). I still want to be able to connect with my readers so I think it’s important to share a bit about myself. Feel free to drop any comments if you could relate to this post or just to say hi!